This study uses both inclusion and exclusion criteria to prescreen potential participants for suitability for the study. Using inclusion and exclusion criteria when sampling helps researchers improve the accuracy of their results. If you meet the following eligibility criteria and would like to participate in the study, please consult the FAQ section and contact the researcher to register.
In order to qualify for this study, you must answer yes to all of the following statements:
- I am between 18-25 years of age at the time of research;
- I reside in Montréal at the time of the research*;
- I have held part or full-time employment anytime between the ages of 16 and 25 for at least a 6 month period;
- I had at least one financial expense that I managed independently between the ages of 16 to 25 such as a cellphone account or personal credit card.
Unfortunately you will not be able to participate in the study at this time if you answer yes to any of the following statements:
- I am married or co-habitate with a partner**;
- I am a parent;
- I was employed for less than six months between the ages of 16 to 25;
- I did not manage at least one financial expense independently between the ages of 16 to 25;
- I have filed for bankruptcy between the ages of 16 and 25.
*Young adults who live in the home of their family are eligible to participate provided that they earn an income and are responsible for managing some of their own personal finances.
**People who co-habitate with a roommate that is not their partner but with whom they share some expenses such as rent or telecommunication services are eligible to participate in the study.